How Much is Boat Insurance in South Carolina
If you live in South Carolina and own a boat it is imperative that you purchase the proper insurance coverage. The state does not require you to purchase boat insurance but you are at risk without it. Where can you turn to for South Carolina boat insurance information? You have come to the right place. In addition to providing consumers with our 90 second online boat insruance quote, we are here to answer any questions that may be holding you back.
Even if you are not ready to make a purchase, contact us today for advice on which type of coverage you need. Many Boat Insurance in Ontario residents enjoy boating throughout the region. You may spend weekends water-skiing and cruising on Lake Murray or heading to Folly Beach with your fishing boat for a quiet retreat. With its beautiful coastline and many lakes and rivers, South Carolina has something for everyone. You likely invested a lot of time and money in your watercraft, so you will want to protect your investment and your finances with a good boat insurance policy.
Independent insurance agents in our network can assist you by answering your questions about boat insurance and helping you determine your individual coverage needs. Member agents have relationships with several different insurance companies, and can find a variety of Boat Insurance in South Carolina quotes for policies that meet your coverage and budgetary needs. Find a local agent today.
Boating Requirements in South Carolina
- All boats must be registered and titled in the owner’s name
- Boat operators under 16 must have completed a state-approved boating course if operating a boat with more than 15 hp, unless accompanied by an adult
- All boats must have wearable personal floatation devices (PFDs) available for all passengers. Passengers under 12 are required to wear a PFD at all times. Passengers of personal watercraft (PWCs) are also required to wear PFDs
- All boats must have a fire-extinguisher on-board
- Navigation lights are required to be on between official sunset and sunrise
- Boat insurance is not required by the state
Though South Carolina does not require boat owners to carry liability insurance, having coverage is an extremely good idea. Boat insurance costs range according to the type and value of your boat. For example, a bass boat will cost less to insure than a yacht, but on average you can buy a policy for about $1 a day.
What Will South Carolina Boat Insurance Cover?
The most Boat Insurance in South Carolina policy will provide liability coverage for accidents resulting in property damage or injuries to others. It will also provide coverage for damages to your own property, including your boat and trailer, if they should be damaged while in use or while you are transporting your boat to and from the water. Depending on the insurance provider, other kinds of coverage may be included with your policy or may be purchased separately as options. This coverage usually includes:
- Loss or damage of personal property such as safety equipment, tools, and fishing equipment
- Towing and assistance if your boat is disabled or needs to be serviced
- Reimbursement of medical expenses for you and your passengers if you are injured in a boating accident, regardless of fault
- Uninsured or underinsured boater coverage; this is very important in South Carolina because boat insurance is not required
- Damage to your boat while docked or not in use
- Fuel spills and wreckage cleanup
Get the Best South Carolina Boat Insurance Policy
Shopping for South Carolina boat insurance can be a time-consuming and sometimes frustrating job. It may be difficult to sort out how much coverage you need and which options are right for you. Our independent agents can save you from this hassle. They will do your comparison shopping for you and will ensure that you are getting the best policy for your individual needs at a competitive rate. A local independent agent can help you with all of your insurance-related needs, and can even advocate for you during the claims process if you need assistance.
Contact an independent insurance agent near you and start comparing South Carolina boat insurance quotes. There are currently 315 independent Boat Insurance in South Carolina who are ready to help. These independent agents can work with several different insurers and can give you multiple policy options to choose from. That way, you’ll receive completely customized coverage that addresses all of your specific coverage needs.
If you live in South Carolina and own a boat it is imperative that you purchase the proper insurance coverage. The state does not require you to purchase boat insurance but you are at risk without it. Where can you turn to for South Carolina boat insurance information? You have come to the right place.…