How Much is Pontoon Boat Insurance in California
Obviously, boat insurance costs will vary wildly depending on the cost of your boat, your driving record and demographics, etc. Pontoon Boat Insurance in California, if you want a ballpark of the costs, I have that information for you. If you’re shopping for a new or used boat, you may be wondering what boat insurance costs. The answer to that question depends on a number of factors which vary by state and insurance company. Here are some common factors that may influence how much boat insurance costs.
Whether you prefer to hit the water Boat Insurance Work in Canada, hot days of summer or take a fishing trip in the cooler months, Cost-U-Less Insurance has you covered for all your boat and watercraft insurance needs. Our agents are experienced in finding you the lowest rates possible to ensure you have a fun and safe time on the water. Relax and enjoy the sun and surf as you motor, sail or cruise.
Most of the insurance companies I checked don’t offer Pontoon Boat Insurance in California, but I was able to get a quick (and pretty reasonably priced) quote from Allstate on their boating insurance page.
Factors that go into what boat insurance costs
- Length. In general, boats are 26 feet and shorter; yachts are 27 feet and longer.
- Value. As you’d expect, more valuable boats generally cost more to insure. Considering the value of your boat can help you get an idea of how much it will cost.
- Type. Bass boats, ski boats, sailboats, cabin cruisers, pontoon boats, deep-sea fishing boats, utility boats and speed boats have different insurance needs.
- Age. Older boats typically cost less, but often require additional upkeep and maintenance.
- Speed/Horsepower. Faster boats generally carry more risk – and faster engines often are more expensive when it comes to boat insurance cost.
- Cruising area. Boating on oceans, lakes, bays, rivers or the Great Lakes all carry different risks.
- Coverage options. You have lots of options when it comes to coverages, limits and deductibles, including coverage for your personal belongings, fishing equipment and boat accessories. The coverages you pick will impact how much your boat insurance policy costs.
- Boating and driving history. Have you had any accidents, violations or claims in the past 5 years?
- Boating safety courses. Formal training or certification can lower the cost of boat insurance.
WHAT INSURANCE IS RECOMMENDED FOR PONTOON BOATS?
Personally, I think $23 – $35 per month is a pretty small price to pay to get good coverage for most pontoon boats under $40,000. If your boat is Pontoon Boat Insurance in California, then you can expect to pay a bit more.
The fact is that a lot of things can go wrong when boating. Whether it’s a broken prop, a cracked anchor or a damaged hull, you don’t want one bad day on the water to cause you to lose your house and cause a lifetime of financial strain. If your boat costs so much that you couldn’t replace it, then you may want to choose comprehensive insurance.
Many boaters may be happy with just basic insurance to make sure that an injury on your boat will be covered. $100 per year is a pretty reasonable cost in my opinion.
What Types of Boats Does Insurance Cover?
Cost-U-Less offers insurance for boats and watercraft, including:
- Mini Jet Boats
- Pontoon Boats
- House Boats
- Cabin Cruisers
- Other Fishing Boats
- Bass Boats
- Personal Watercraft including Jet Skis and Wave Runners.
What would happen to your financial future if someone got seriously injured while on your boat, or God forbid, died? Don’t make it a double tragedy by not having Pontoon Boat Insurance in California. Be responsible. My brother broke five ribs while riding a tube that was being driven too fast.
Obviously, boat insurance costs will vary wildly depending on the cost of your boat, your driving record and demographics, etc. Pontoon Boat Insurance in California, if you want a ballpark of the costs, I have that information for you. If you’re shopping for a new or used boat, you may be wondering what boat insurance…